Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A smorgesborg of things...

I can't believe it has almost been a month since my last blog. Time is literally flying by and many times a day my head is spinning- literally. Perhaps I should see the doctor about these dizzy spells, but that would require time. Quite frankly, I am trying to master fitting 30 hours into a 24 hour day, and life is just not letting me. Maybe it is the time-continuem thing, but whatever it is- I just wish it would let me have my way once!

So, what's happening? Well, I am coming up on deadline #2 of my certification and I am missing 3 tasks. I did what any red-blooded student does- I grovelled, and received a 2 week extension. So, no rest for the weary.

The flu has hit the house- and I am a sympathetic puker. So, this is just lovely. Not sure how to get through the next few days, but will survive. The baby also received a concussion Sunday night- so after 8 hours in the ER, a CT scan, and IVs, we were assured only a minor screw got knocked loose and she will be good as new. I was too exhausted to break it to the Doc that we all have loose screws in this family- it is our survival mechanism. But I took my baby home anyway and followed the instructions just in case it was the fall and not genetics.

I really wish I could post something highly intellgent or significant to the world, like my pal Lawyer Mama... but these days I am surviving on coffee, Dr. Pepper, and pure luck. I will have to find my brain in order to piece together an intelligent thought to put down on paper. I am vaguely aware of the election- in Florida I just hope that our citizens are smart enough for the ballot this year- God help us all!

1 comment:

Lawyer Mama said...

Hey, babe! Welcome to the addictive world of blogging.

I'm surviving on coffee and Diet Dr. Pepper, so don't feel bad!