Friday, April 3, 2009

WTF...

Something is going on with my tummy today. It is not very fun. It is that thing that happens when you drink the water in Mexico. Only, wait, I haven't been to Mexico, and quite frankly, I can't remember the last time I drank water- bottle, tap, or otherwise. Have you ever had to deal with the revenge of Mexican water while teaching 6 periods of 7th graders? It's not pretty. It goes something like this:
Teach
tummy gurgle
Ignore tummy gurgle
Teach more
Think about tummy gurgle
Seat shift
Seat squirm
Bell rings- run like H.E. double hockey sticks

Have you ever had to deal with this scenario with the community toilets that never have enough pressure to flush everything on the first try and you are flushing, then re-flushing, then flushing again, finally taking your red grading pen and pushing the toilet paper just a little closer to the drain-thingie so it will finally flush down???? Ooops... maybe that was TMI.

What a wonderful thing on a typhoon Friday in Central Florida. I think I will go get my hair colored after school. I will look good as a blonde.

No comments: